Stupid things I had to Google
“Never memorize something that you can look up.” — Albert Einstein. Some stupid things I never memorized and had to look up.
- PGP/Keybase usage. Every. Single. Time.
- Timestamp formats every time I need one (*nix
belongs_toto see which gets the ID.
has_and_belongs_to_manyalmost every time.
Hash.newblock syntax. And in almost every case I’ve tried using it the code was changed before shipping and it was removed.
- CSS rules with 3 values, eg
padding: 10px 5px 20px.
- The argument order for PHP functions like
- Weather [sic ] I should use “its” or “it’s” in a sentence.
- The argument order for Ruby’s
- Documentation links for API vendors that make it impossible to find from their own sites.
- The arguments I want for