I’m finally getting around to playing RDR2. It’s been fun to see past posts where I managed to blog my game experiences (Resident Evil 4 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 1, 2, 3, 4). Maybe I can do the same for this one?
- OMG, I can’t believe I missed the watch on the pause screen. I equipped one and thought that was the only way to know the time in-game.
- Shot a hotel clerk in the face on accident 😂.
- Asked a friend for a spoiler free explanation on the Bounty system. I basically guessed what it was as I was typing it out. He answered me… about 2 mins after I wandered into a Post Office and figured the answer out in-game.
- Spent the day at work looking forward to playing more. I think I’m starting to get sucked in.
- The open-world-ness is so tough in the beginning. I’m never sure what exactly I’m supposed to be doing…
- I’m now referring to O’Driscolls as O’Doyles.
- Why do I keep losing so many hats?!
- These horse controls are impossible! Here’s a guide.
- Well, I remembered getting new games sucks today.
- The first hour was fun. I think I killed someone on accident.
Copied from that guide I mentioned above:
|Left analog stick (in cover)||Peek|
|Left analog stick (horse)||Steer|
|Left analog + X||Hold to run, tap to sprint|
|X (horse)||Tap to change speed; hold to match the speed of your companion; double tap to move up in formation|
|Right analog stick||Look/aim|
|L3 (horse)||Calm horse|
|R3 (weapon wheel)||Maintain weapon; hold to look behind|
|L3 + R3||Eagle Eye|
|Square||Tap to jump, climb, or vault over obstacles; hold to pick up collectibles or search furniture; while hunting, hold to draw animal attention|
|Square (while aiming)||Tap to dive; tap to block melee attacks|
|Square (in cover)||Move to next cover spot (with Left analog stick)|
|Square (horse)||Tap to jump, climb, or vault over obstacles; hold to pick up collectibles or search furniture; while hunting, hold to draw animal attention|
|Triangle||Interact with the environment, loot bodies, skin animals; hold to rest; (in melee combat) grapple opponent|
|Triangle (horse)||Tap to mount or dismount; while stationary, hold to hitch horse; while on foot, tap to command to follow or lead horse|
|Circle||Reload weapon/melee combat|
|Circle (horse)||Kick a target to either side; stop leading horse|
|L1||Tap to draw/holster weapon; hold to display wheel menu, tap to pick up weapons or objects, or select weapon with Right analog stick and release to equip weapon|
|L1 (horse)||hold to view weapons stored on mount|
|R1||Take/exit cover; hold to study animal or tap to show/hide animal information|
|R1 (horse)||Tap to slow down; double tap to move down formation|
|L2||Hold to aim equipped weapon; hold to lock on to nearby characters or animals|
|L2 (hold) + R2||Aim and shoot|
|L2 (hold) + R3||Activate Dead Eye while aiming|
|L2 (hold) + Square||Combat dive|
|L2 (horse)||Hold to lock on to nearby targets|
|R2||Tap to draw weapon, fire weapon, or cock weapon between shots (if applicable); rapid tap to shoot from the hip|
|R2 (horse)||Tap to draw weapon, fire weapon, or cock weapon between shots (if applicable)|
|D-Pad Right||Hold to open satchel or horse cargo|
|D-Pad Right (horse)||hold to check horse cargo; feed horse (while locked onto horse)|
|D-Pad Left||Tap to display log; hold to check journal|
|D-Pad Left + L2||Toggle shoulder view (while aiming)|
|D-Pad Left (horse)||Brush horse (while locked onto horse)|
|D-Pad Left + L2 (horse)||Toggle shoulder view (while aiming)|
|D-Pad Up||Whistle/call horse|
|D-Pad Up||Raise your gun to the sky to fire a warning shot (while aiming)|
|D-Pad Up (horse)||Whistle/call horse; remove saddle (while locked onto horse); raise your gun to the sky to fire a warning shot (while aiming)|
|D-Pad Down||Tap to view current objective (while on mission), expand radar, display honor rating and environmental information; in camp, tap to show status of camp supplies and savings; hold to change radar type|
|Trackpad||Press to toggle camera view; press and hold to trigger cinematic view|
|Options||Display pause menu; hold to open the map|